Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lesson 12: Travel Agent - 1




Vocabulary

car ferry
When would you like to go?
No problem
in fact
recommend

Conversation

A : Good afternoon.Can I help you?
B : Good afternoon.I'd like to book for the car ferry across
Ireland.
A : Certainly, sir.When would you like to go?
B : We'd like to go early in the afternoon on the 14th and
come back on the 17th.So I'd like to book three nights in a
hotel in Dublin as well.
Can I do that through you?
A : Yes.No problem at all.That's the fourteenth of this
month, is it?
B : That's right.So it's next Friday, in fact.
A : Okay.Now then if you'd like to fill in the details of your
car and the passengers on this form.
What sort of hotel were you thinking of?
B : Well, something not too expensive but, you know,
decent.
Two star, or maybe three star, I guess.
A : I'd recommend the Shamrock Hotel.
It's only a one star hotel but it's very comfortable and the
prices are very reasonable.
B : I'll take your word for it.So, I'll need a double room
with an extra bed and a room with twin beds.

Questions

1.Can the customer book a hotel through the travel
agent?(What sort of hotel were you thinking of?)
2.What hotel does the agent recommend and why? (Can I
do that through you?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment