Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lesson 7: Customs Office


Vocabulary

declare
personal
customs declaration form
Here it is.
approximate
value
duty-free shop
cashier
confiscate
allowed




Conversation

A : Do you have anything to declare?
B : No, I have nothing to declare.Only personal things.
A : Please hand me the customs declaration form.
B : Yes.Here it is.
A : Do you have anything to declare?
B : I have this camera that I bought for my sister.
A : What is their approximate value?
B : About $420 at the duty-free shop.
A : I have to charge you 20 dollars duty for that.Please pay
it at the cashier, and show the receipt when you go out.



A : Do you have any fruit or vegetables?
B : I have this box of fruits.It's a gift.
A : I'm sorry.I'll have to confiscate that. You're not
allowed to bring fruits.

Questions

1.What does it mean to declare something when leaving an
airport ?
2.Tell me the items which are prohibited for passengers
returning from traveling abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment