Monday, March 4, 2013

Lesson 30: At the Hospital


Vocabulary

I have a terrible stomachache.
diarrhea
nauseous
I feel sick.
dizzy
raw
symptoms
hurt
blood test
prescription
indigestion tablets


Conversation

A : Good morning.Please have a seat here.What´s the problem?
B : I have a terrible stomachache.
A : Do you have diarrhea?
B : Yes, I do.
A : Do you have any other symptoms?
B : Yes, I feel sick.
A : You mean you feel nauseous?
B : That´s right.Right now I feel dizzy.
A : When did the symptoms start?
B : This morning.Yesterday evening I ate something raw.
A : All right.Please take off your clothes to the waist and lie down there.Just tell me if it hurts when I do this.
B : It doesn´t hurt.Ouch.It hurts there.
A : Okay.Let´s hope it´s just indigestion, but we´ll need to run some diagnostic tests to be sure.We´ll run a blood test.
B.Can you give me something for the time being?
A.Yes, I´ll give you a prescription for indigestion tablets.

Questions

1.What is the meaning of 'prescription'?
2.Have you ever been to hospital, and what did the doctor ask first?

No comments:

Post a Comment