Monday, April 22, 2013

Lesson 33: Ordering lunch and dinner



Vocabulary

What else do you recommend?
for starters
main course
mashed potatoes / coleslaw
May I see the wine list?
Excellent choice!

Conversation

A : Are you ready to order, sir?
B : Yes.I´ll have the beef stew for starters and my wife would like tomato soup.
A : One beef stew and one tomato soup.What would you like for the main course?
B : I´ll have the Cayenne Pepper Steak and my wife would like the Fried Trout with mashed potatoes.
A : I´m afraid the trout is out.
B : Oh dear.Err...What else do you recommend?
A : The sole is very good.
B : OK.I´ll have that.Do you have any coleslaw?
A : No, I´m sorry, we don´t.
B : Just give me a small mixed salad then.
A : Same for me.
B : Would you like something to drink?
A : Yes, please.May I see the wine list?
B : Here you are.
A : A bottle of Chablis ‘99, please.
B : Excellent choice!

Questions

1.What food is best for the lunch?
2.Can you remember any fancy restaurant you've been to? Tell me about the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment