Monday, April 22, 2013

Lesson 57.Introduce Korean dishes


Vocabulary

Typical dishes
Meal
Consist of
Be made of
Tasty
I suggest you try it.
I'd like to try it once.

Conversation

A : What are the typical Korean dishes?
B : The Korean meal consists of rice, soup, and side dishes.The best-loved Korean side dish is Kimchi.
A : Kimchi is a kind of salad made of various vegetables, isn't it?
B : Yes, have you tried it?
A : No, I haven't.Isn't it hot?
B : Kimchi is a bit spicy, but it's really tasty.
A : Wow.I'd like to try it once.
B : Kimchi is a popular fermented food in Korea.
There are over 100 different kinds of Kimchi.
It's made with all seasonal vegetables.
When fall is about to end, women in villages used to prepare kimchi for winter.
A : What's your favorite Korean dish?
B : Bulgogi is one of my favorites.It's like roast beef with Korean seasoning.I suggest you try it.

Questions

1.Do you think that Kimchi is a real Korean food, how?
2.Why is Korean food spicy?

No comments:

Post a Comment