Monday, April 22, 2013

Lesson 44: At the Tourist Information Center


Vocabulary

Give me some information about what to see.
Marked on
Sort of
Advise
Megalithic monuments
It's amazing!

Conversation

A : Good morning, can I help you?
B : Yes.I believe so.I wanna take a tour to get to see some of this wonderful country of yours.I was told you could give me some information about what to see.
A : Certainly.Let me give you this map.It's got places of interest marked on it.
B : Say, that's great.Like what?
A : Well, castles, ancient monuments, old churches, steam railways, slate mines, all sorts of things.
B : Fantastic! that's just what I want.Now then, what places would you advise me to visit?
A : Of Course.Oxford, Cambridge, Stratford, Stonehenge...
B : What is Stonehenge?
A : It's one of the most important megalithic monuments in Europe.I'd like to recommend you to visit it once.It's amazing!
B : Well, I may just do that very thing.Thank you.

Questions

1.How can we get advice on where to see something?
2.What can you say about cambridge and stonehenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment